Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Escape Velocity

Escape Velocity
by Mark Walden

I was waiting for this book forever! Ok, not forever, but it sure feels like it. That's what I get for reading books in a series as the author is writing it! It wasn't like waiting for Harry Potter or anything, but I did check my library's listings weekly.

This is the third book in the H.I.V.E. series -- the Higher Institute of Villainous Education. Yep, it's about a school for criminals! They aren't all bad, though, of course.

In this installment, Otto, Wing, Laura and Shelly must use their unique skills to: a) escape from school; b) rescue Dr. Nero; and c) defeat the really bad guy. Of course, there are problems along the way, along with a few happy surprises.

These books are geared for young adults, but I really like the stories. Great characters, and lots of creativity involved in the plots. And, I'm guessing, another H.I.V.E. book down the line!

©2008, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
ISBN 978-0-7475-9485-7

No comments:

Post a Comment