Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fresh Air

Fresh Air
by Charlotte Vale Allen

I'm pretty sure I've read books by this author before, but I don't know which ones. And she has written a crap ton, so really, it's anybody's guess which one(s) I've read. I can't say if any of her other books are good, but this one was terrific!

Set in the mid-90s, it tells the story of a woman who, after her mother dies, completely isolates herself from the outside world. She used to have a life, she used to go out, she used to be relatively famous. And now, she works as a text editor for websites, and orders everything she needs online. Until one summer day, when she meets a young girl in her own front yard. Slowly, Lucinda comes back to life, to the present, and learns to live again.

There are a few twists and turns, and at one point, I said, "Wow. Didn't see that coming!" This book is a nice, easy read, that tells a great story.

©2003, MIRA Books
ISBN 1-55166-682-0

No comments:

Post a Comment