Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Promises in Death

Promises in Death
by J.D. Robb

As the 28th book in a series (and no, I'm not kidding), this book follows a tried but true line. And that's why I love them! Familiar characters (Dallas, Roarke, Peabody and the rest of the gang), some future tech (but not too future), and a kick-ass attitude. I started this book last night thinking I'd read for a bit before I went to bed. And finished the book 4 1/2 hours later -- way too late (or too early, depending on your point of view). But once into it, I couldn't put it down. Like all of the "in Death" books, the end is fast paced and gripping. This one had a bit of a twist in that the vic was someone who was one of the good guys, and had been around for a few books. These are not books that you can read one after the other -- the plot lines are pretty similar, after all. But one every month or so is awesome! I hope there are many more in the series.

©2009, G.P. Putnam's Sons
ISBN 978-0-399-15548-2

No comments:

Post a Comment